Friday, October 29, 2010

REVIEW - Lucifera's Pet by M.T. Murphy

Okay so I’ve said it before, I’m a slacker. I read it and posted a blog about it but it was more to Mike… er… um… M.T. (sorry it’s habit) and bowing to his greatness. And upon reviewing a few others, I realized I have yet to review his book on my blog…

This will be followed up with a blog interview with none other than M.T. Murphy… Get excited.

So here goes…

In a world of vampires and werewolves that has descended onto pop culture of today… aren’t you the slightest bit sick of sparkly vampires with stupid, shiny Volvo’s, and werewolves that aren’t menacing at all but more or less overgrown Chihuahuas? Trust me this isn’t your kids Twilight style vampire story. Trust me when I tell you that this isn’t the Anne Rice or Anita Blake story you’re looking for either.

But instead of jumping on the bandwagon of what the media and publishers shovel down your throats of how the villains are supposed to be, why don’t you pick up a story where you know you feel bad for actually kind of liking the villains?

I could give you the backstory, leave you with an excerpt from the back cover, but it wouldn’t come close to explaining the connection between the lead vampire, Lucifera, or her furry companion Mickey. This story is told from multiple points of view, and will leaving you both loving and hating them. But through it all you will understand them and connect with them no matter what you feel about ‘bad guys’ or girls in this case.

Have you ever wanted to dissect a villain and find out what made them evil? What if while uncovering the ins and outs of what made them the evil, you realize that society as a whole is only a few bad situations away from being evil themselves? This story is done in such a way that you go into it knowing that you should loathe the lead characters. They are evil. They are people you probably wouldn’t look in the eye if you ran into them somewhere. But through it all, learning about their lives and how they came to be, you find yourself rooting for them like they are the underdogs, and I guess in a sense they are.

And imagine my surprise when I read this to find what I expected to be a lot of blood and guts and despicable menacing creatures that I see a beautiful love story between two characters that are damned from the jump?

I cannot recommend this book enough, to the vampire/werewolf enthusiast in a lot of us, you will not be disappointed. And even for those of you that aren’t. My stepmother has read this and loved it as well, and she is not the vamp-obsessed type such as myself.

Well done Mr. Murphy, hats off to you. Get cracking on more… I can’t wait to see what happens next!


M.T. Murphy is the author of Lucifera’s Pet, a violent and sexy dark fiction tale of werewolves and vampires. If you have ever wondered what goes on in the twisted head of a dark fiction writer, here is your chance to find out.

Website: http://www.luciferaspet.com
Blog: http://werewolfkibble.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/WerewolfMike
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/luciferaspet
Smashwords (Free eBooks):http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/mtmurphy

No comments:

Post a Comment