Saturday, December 18, 2010

New & Exciting things planned for 2011

Well it is the end of 2010, a year that for me personally has been filled with its share of ups and downs. Which leads us into the unknown of 2011.

I figured I would start the year off with a new series of blogs for "writer" interviews.

Most of the interviews I've done have been with fellow published authors. But I recall thinking how exciting it would be to finally be published and do interviews. Well who says you have to wait to be published to be interviewed? In my opinion you shouldn't have to.

I think as being part of the writing community that we put too much emphasis on the asking if someone is published, as if them being published gives credibility of some sort. Who cares? This is a creative journey we've all embarked on and I think in the midst of trying to be published and market, market, market, we forget that we were all struggling writers at one point. Hell I still feel I am.I would have killed to have been acknowledged for being a WRITER instead of the upturn of noses when someone realizes that you're not published. Instead of it being "Oh you're only a writer," said with the typical judgmental tone and condescending sneer, why not be like "WOW you're a writer!" Praise and nurture the process instead of always looking for the end result.

Okay sorry, that is my rant for right now ;)

Anyway, I will be doing this starting in January, the first interview will be done with Matt Gannon so stay tuned!

Also if anyone else is interested in being interviewed or perhaps would like to do a guest post on my blog, let me know!

Happy Writing (and Holidays)!











No comments:

Post a Comment